Creative Blasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern

Go down

10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern Empty 10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern

Post by craftastic Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:45 pm

10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern Crochet-Hair-Band-3
If you're short on time but want to make something completely unique, follow this 10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern and create something completely unique. This project is perfect for beginners and can be worn for any occasion. You only need three strands of yarn and a crochet hook to complete this project, so you can make it on a train or during a car trip. While you're at it, make one for all of your favorite ladies - it's a great gift option.

Materials:

• 3 colors of yarn (or you could do all the same color if you’d like) – I used a mix of yarns: Redheart Soft in white, Caron Simply Soft in light and dark purple.
  • Crochet Hook – US I9/5.5 mm.
  • Scissors

Instructions:
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch (U.S.)

1. Measure the head of the person you are making the headband for.

2. Leaving at least a 6″ tail of yarn, using the chain stitch, make a chain 3″ less than your desired length. Keep your tension consistent along the entire chain – medium to firm tension.

3. Now add in your new color, making sure to leave at least a 6″ tail of yarn (if you aren’t sure how to add in a new yarn color into your stitches please comment and I will look for a video that will show how to do this step or you can possibly find it on Youtube). Once you change to your new color, cut off you end of yarn from the first chain you made so that there is at least a 6″ tail.

4. Chain the new color until it’s the same length as the first ( to check, grab the end where the 2 colors were joined, hold the cut ends and fold the second color over so that the 2 chains are now side by side).

5. When the 2 chains are the same length, connect them by making a slip stitch into the last stitch of the first chain.

6. Add in the third chain color by following steps 3 – 5.

7. Trim the final color yarn end so that there is at least a 6″ tail.

8. Take the 3 loose cut ends and braid them together and then tie off with a knot on the end. Repeat again on the other end.

I hope you like this tutorial as much as I do. I think it is super cute and will make a great gift on any occasion. What do you think?
craftastic
craftastic
Administrator

https://creative-blasts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum